We all gathered at Donna and Ron’s place in Canmore to make the final plans for our trip. The group skiing in, Jane, Steve, Donna, Ron and Margo were on their skis by 8:30. The weather was overcast with no wind and gently falling snow. It made for excellent skiing conditions. Fortunately the group were able to follow tracks so trail-breaking was very moderate for the majority of the route. However, the group helicoptering (Jeff, Debbie, Ivan, Steve Bennett and George) experienced a 3.5 hour delay in departure. There was a window in the weather that lasted about an hour, just enough time for the passengers and gear to get into Assiniboine safely. The group skiing in were able to contact the Helicopter outfit and were aware of the delays. A group decision was made to continue onward and snuggle together in the huts to keep warm, if necessary, knowing that their gear may not be waiting for them. (Margo was missing her man at that point!). The skiing group arrived around 6:15 pm with a warm welcome from the others and good food prepared.