The Parkland Cross Country Ski Club provides training in several winter outdoor disciplines including:
- Beginner and Intermediate Ski Lessons,
- Avalanche Beacon Use,
- Introduction to Mountain Touring,
- Map & Compass,
- GPS use, and
- Tour Leading
Most of these classes are open to the public but preference will be given to Parkland Members. For our full schedule of courses and tours click here.
Adult Beginner/Intermediate Cross Country Ski Lessons
Improve your technique and comfort on skis in the company of expert coaches and like-minded folks!
These lessons are a fun Introduction to and/or refinement of basic cross-country ski techniques. We also include basic information on equipment, waxing techniques, clothing and where to ski in Red Deer. Participants must supply their own equipment.
For more information call Greg Olson at 403-505-0751or Don Wales 403-343-2937.
- Where: River Bend Golf and Recreation Area $55.00
- When: Mon/Wed Jan 8, 10, 15 & 17th
- Choose either: 4:30-6:00 pm or 6:30-8:00 pm